This is tough to read
The following is from the American Wild Horse Campaign:
For all the talk about legislative strategy, campaign tactics, and fundraising goals, here’s the sad truth:
Thousands of wild horses like this young mustang in Nevada languish in government holding pens. Their freedom stolen. Their families separated. Their sadness evident in their eyes.
The stakes of our campaign have never been higher. If we don’t succeed:
1) Thousands of wild horses like this will be killed in cold blood. It’s what our opponents want… they’re not even hiding it.
2) More and more wild horses like this will be rounded up, robbed of their freedom. They’ll end up confined in feedlot pens like this – or worse.
Every dollar you give us is used carefully and thoughtfully to prevent the slaughter of wild horses – and work to reform BLM’s failing system of roundups and stockpiling of horses in holding facilities.
Here’s what your donations will fund:
- We are working day-and-night to ensure that Congress rejects the BLM’s request to start slaughtering America’s wild horses. Our efforts helped to preserve protections in the U.S. Senate’s Interior spending bill, but now our fight continues into the New Year as the Senate bill gets reconciled with the House pro-killing measures.
- We are working to expand humane birth control programs using the PZP vaccine. We’re leading the way and showing how to manage wild horses without cruel roundups that destroy family bands and lead to horses losing their freedom in overcrowded holding pens.
- We are monitoring roundups to stop cruelty and expose the BLM’s wasteful and inhumane practices. We’re shining a light on this hidden tragedy, and educating the American public about what can be done to stop it.
- We are fighting in federal court to build a future of freedom for wild horses and burros.
All of this work takes resources. We’re as thrifty as we can be with your money, but it is vitally important that we’re able to continue this important work in 2018. It may be our most critical year yet.
Thank you for everything. And I hope you have a joyous holiday season.